We help SaaS execs identify and fix the problems that stop you from building a customer-led culture that grows your business
We help you with:
Research and Insights: We help you figure out who your best customers are - and when, why, and how they decide to buy from you.
Strategy and Innovation: We help you turn this understanding into a strategy that gets you acquisition, adoption, and retention outcomes.
Service Design and Change Management: We help you teach your team about your customers and strategy - and help them get excited about both.
How do you know if you understanding more about your customers is the right strategy for you right now?
Most big problems teams SaaS teams face stem from teams not understanding who they're building for - or why and when customers buy.
But it might take some digging around to realize this is the root of features that see low adoption, marketing strategies that keep flopping, and brooding resentment and misalignment between your product and marketing teams.
Now is a good time to schedule a discovery call with us if you have recently:
- Identified an opportunity to form a new, multi-disciplinary team to focus on onboarding and activating new customers within your org of 20-100 team members
- Decided to start hiring many new people or building out a new department
- Started to sense a disconnect between what your team thinks your customers use cases or job stories are, how your org talks about them across your marketing, product, and customer success channels, and what you're hearing from actual customers about why they buy
- Noticed that conversations with your team about why your best customers are your best customers yield opinions and folklore - not to mention disgruntlement and disagreement
- Observed that conversations with your customers surface specific but still only tiny partial components of still larger stories
- Begun to realize that customer research is the missing strategic piece to define onboarding, product, marketing, and ecosystem strategy, but you're not sure where to start or how to get your team onboard, or...
- ...already conducted deep research into your customers but you're still left wondering why you can't get the rest of your team to agree
When one of these scenarios 👆 is happening, shifting your team's perspective from Customer Folklore to Customer Consensus helps you start making progress
Many teams make decisions based on "customer folklore." This is what happens when team members might have some loose ideas of who their best customers are, but the stories are passed around and changed each time.
We help teams moved toward making decisions with evidence-based "customer consensus." Teams working in this state share a single understanding of both who your best customers are and when, why, and how they choose your product.
We do this by researching your customers, helping your team understand how to turn that research into strategy, and mobilizing those customer learnings across your company.
As this shift from customer folklore to customer consensus happens, your team will encounter a number of thorny strategic challenges. We'll facilitate strategic conversations to turn messy tumbleweeds of ideas and questions into clear paths forward.
Sound helpful? We'll start with a strategic roadmapping session
This is the fastest way to ground ourselves in where you're starting, where you're going, and the known and unknown obstacles along the way. This session also gives all of your key stakeholders a chance to get bought-in on your strategy before you start by giving everyone a chance to have their observations heard and incorporated.
For most teams this is a full-day workshop with calls with a blend of group and one-on-one calls with stakeholders followed by a session to debrief and confirm our plans for next steps. The CEO must be present. By the end of the workshop, we'll know how we want to proceed.
For some teams (typically those with 5 or more stakeholders, we'll spread the calls out over a week. The fee for this session varies based on the number of stakeholders participating.
We'll determine whether our next step looks more or less like one of these options:
A 6-Week Research Engagement: For teams that need to understand when and why their best customers choose their product.
A 6-Week Alignment Engagement: For teams where some people understand when, why, and how their best customers choose their product - but that information is not shared across teams.
A 6-Month Coaching, Consulting, or Strategic Facilitation Engagement: For teams working on pushing big ideas forward and encountering a consistent stream of new, thorny challenges, we'll meet biweekly with an unbounded scope to turn those challenges into opportunities.
Book a 30-minute call to see if it makes sense to keep talking
We'll schedule this first call to talk about where you're at. If at the end we decide we want to keep going, we'll talk about the best way to get started.
Book time here and we'll talk soon. 👇